Season 4 of The Vampire Diaries has come to an end, in a big way. The finale episode left our jaws on the floor as [SPOILER ALERT] the gang graduated, Bonnie died, Jer was resurrected for good, Elena finally chose Damon, Katherine is now a human, and Silas’s true face was revealed. Biggest “OH SHIT!” moment of the night? Stefan is a Silas doppelgänger and is now locked in a safe underwater. How did we even get to this point?! So much has happened this season, and we were lucky enough to get some moving, shocking, hilarious, infuriating, and downright fang-tastic scenes over the last several months. It’s time to take a stroll down memory lane and relive the most memorable moments of season 4.
12. Elena and Damon actually ENJOYING themselves and dancing at that frat party in 4×04, “The Five”.
11. Elena, Caroline and Bonnie dancing together in the Salvatore mansion in 4×08, “We’ll Always Have Bourbon Street.” This was literally the only time all season they got to cut loose and have some fun and it was refreshing.
10. Rebekah smacking the dude’s head down in the club in NYC for talking to her in episode 4×17, “Because The Night.” #GirlPower
9. Jeremy at the lake house in episode 4×09, “O Come, All Ye Faithful.” If you have to ask why this is a memorable scene, just re watch it, look in the general vicinity of his wife beater, and then get back to me.
8. Stefan and Elena had an epic porch scene this season, but it wasn’t necessarily a happy one. Elena finally admitted her feeling for Damon were magnified and Stefan was a big enough man to realize he needed to give her space. Here’s the Stelena breakup scene from 4×06, “We All Go A Little Mad Sometimes.”
7. Even though I wanted to see Klaus and Caroline get it on, Tyler being forced to leave in episode 4×14, “Down The Rabbit Hole,” was depressing as hell. Seeing Caroline cry is the WORST.
6. Damon and Elena finally giving into one another in episode 4×07, “My Brother’s Keeper”, and boy, was it hot. We’ll let the video speak for itself.
5. Yes, we’re still counting this as a TVD moment, because we can. In episode 4×20, “The Originals”, we took a trip to New Orleans with Klaus and learned that he’s about to be someone’s baby daddy. Yup! SOMEHOW, Hayley is pregnant. Didn’t see this one coming.
4. Klaus slaughtering a shit ton of his hybrids to a Christmas song in episode 4×09, “O Come, All Ye Faithful”. Oh, and he killed Mayor Lockwood. God, he looked hot covered in blood and raging, though.
*OK, are you ready? Shit’s about to get REAL depressing. Grab your tissues.*
3. In episode 4×02, “Memorial”, we saw Damon talking to Alaric at his grave. I think the whole fandom emotionally crumbled when we saw Alaric’s ghost sitting there with him. “I miss you too, buddy.” *cue the waterworks*
2. The ultimate cliff-hanger in the season 4 finale, “Graduation”! The revelation of Silas’s true self and realizing that the Petrovas aren’t the only doppelgängers out there. #MindFuck
1. Elena having a mental breakdown when Jeremy died in episode 4×15, “Stand By Me”. Someone get this girl an Emmy. Just skip the nominations and the ceremony and express mail it to her house, like yesterday. I cried like a freaking baby watching this scene. It is absolutely THE MOST memorable moment of the entire season. Got those tissues handy?
Now that you’ve picked yourself up off the floor and wiped away your tears, what did you think? There are about 100 more incredible scenes from this season we didn’t include. Share your favorite memorable moments with us by commenting below. Season 4 has been one hell of a ride. Here’s to hoping next season is just as incredible. #FangsOut