The Season 4 finale is drawing closer! The school year is ending, and somehow, the gang survived to see graduation day. Impressive considering the last couple of years. This episode is set to air on The CW, Thursday May 16, 2013 at 8:00pm EST. The episode was directed by Chris Grismer and written by Caroline Dries & Julie Plec. You know what other episodes Julie wrote/co-wrote this season? “Stand By Me” (4×15) and “Memorial” (4×2). So, we’re pretty much guaranteed to be crying our eyes out the whole time. Can’t freaking wait. Check out the official synopsis for “Graduation”.
WHO WILL TAKE THE CURE? — On Graduation Day, Mystic Falls is overrun with ghosts intent on settling old scores and fulfilling their supernatural destinies. Damon’s (Ian Somerhalder) life is in danger after a ghostly encounter, while Matt (Zach Roerig) and Rebekah (Claire Holt) join forces to battle a ghost determined to find the cure. As everyone gathers for the graduation ceremony and the ghosts converge, help comes from an unlikely hero. Caroline (Candice Accola) receives a touching and unexpected graduation present, and Bonnie’s (Kat Graham) plan leads to the closing of the veil. Elena (Nina Dobrev) makes a decision about the Salvatore brothers and faces an epic confrontation with Katherine (Nina Dobrev). Finally, Stefan (Paul Wesley) discovers a horrifying clue to the mystery surrounding Silas.
Let’s break this down.
1. The town is overrun with ghosts? This means we’ll probably be seeing some of our favorites that have passed on. I mean, episode 4×22 IS called “The Walking Dead.” Foreboding much? I can almost guarantee we’ll see Alaric and Lexi. Arielle Kebbel teased at TVD Convention in Chicago that we may see Lexi again before the end of the season. There were also Matt Davis sightings in Atlanta not that long ago. Who knows though. We’re hoping we might get to see Jeremy, Anna, Vicki, Jenna and more old faces as well.
2. Damon’s life is in danger after a ghostly encounter? Does this mean that he was confronted by someone he screwed over from the past? If that is the case, he probably got jumped in the alley by about 50 dead supes who want revenge. He did a lot of shady things back in the day. Judging from the 4×23 promo stills, it looks like he does get injured somehow.
3. Help from an unlikely hero? I’m going to guess Klaus on this one. I don’t know who else would be an “unlikely” hero. April? Mayor Worthy? Sheriff Forbes? That sure as shit would be “unlikely”. Who do you think they’re talking about here?
4. Caroline receives a touching and unexpected graduation present? KLAUS BOUGHT HER A HORSE FARM! Just kidding. But, I do think the gift is from him. I’m hoping Caroline is so moved by the gift that they decide to get married and run away to Paris together and have their own spinoff show called, “Klaroline: A French Connection”. Julie Plec, I have it all mapped out in my head. Call me.
5: Elena makes a decision about the Salvatore brothers? Does this mean that she finally tells one of them she loves them and the other one to piss off? Just for character and storyline development reasons, I would guess she tells Damon she really does love him and Stefan goes and does his own thing. Plus, in the promo photos for the episode, Damon’s shirt is off and Elena is in the background. How the hell could she resist that?
6. [Elena] faces an epic confrontation with Katherine? Ok, don’t stake us, but we said a long time ago that we thought Katherine would die. We think she might go out trying to do the right thing. An epic confrontation, though? Maybe Elena will have her humanity back again, meaning she’ll be grieving Jeremy’s loss, and she’ll try to kill Katherine for that. OR maybe they’ll go toe-to-toe over a pair of killer Jimmy Choo heels. Who knows.
So, who will take the cure? I’m thinking Damon or Stefan, but I could be completely off mark. Vote for who you think will get the coveted cure.